Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Basement Tour Continues

My basement is pretty much open, except for the furnace enclosure right smack in the middle of the basement.  There is also the fireplace that sort of makes a wall.  So if you can envision a large room with a wall in the middle (think of the open area as a racetrack), you can envision, for the most part, the layout.

Just past the sitting area is where I have my art area set up.  I found a nice old square table at a yardsale that I use for my worktable.

Basement Art Area

As you can see, this is not what one would really call a “finished basement”.  It is actually quite rough.  The ceilings sag, the paneling bows, doors don’t quite close, etc., but paint on the walls and floors made a big difference and it works for my needs.

Against this wall on the left, there is a door to a storage unit, and along the short wall, I have a little area set up where I design my purses.  As you can see, I have several in progress…a stage they have been for many weeks now.

Purse Design Area

What would we do without our inspiration boards?  Tomorrow I’ll share pictures of my furniture rehab areas.

1 comment:

  1. what fun things for inspiration.
    Everyone needs a board..just tack on
    a few fave things

    ReplyDelete