Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mammy's Flower Bed


I just returned from spending a few days with my precious mother (Mammy, to me). She will be 86 years young on Tuesday, June 23. I love staying with her and enjoy every minute we spend together. I love to putter around her place, doing little things for her. She loves her flower beds, but due to arthritis and a recent mastectomy, she is no longer able to tend to a garden. All of her seven children contribute to enhancing her garden in some way, either by contributing flowers, mulch, fertilizing, or providing special ornaments to enhance her enjoyment of beauty in her flower beds. It takes so little to make her happy and we all trip all over ourselves in showering her with those little things that give her pleasure. Here is a few pictures of her flower beds that I took during my visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment