Sunday, July 19, 2009

Collections

I’m thinking I need to cut down on the number of things I collect.  I was just going through some pictures and it made me realize that maybe my collecting craze is getting a bit out of hand.  Give me your thoughts on this.  Here are a few pictures of just a few of the things I like to collect.

#1  I LOVE Buttons

Blue Buttons

I have buttons of every color.  ……and every type….

such as pottery buttons

Pottery Buttons

and jeweled buttons

Jeweled Buttons

all grouped by color or shape or type and placed on a shelf where I can play with them!

button trays

#2  And then there are my Marbles….

Jar of Marbles

I sort of have them everywhere….

Ribbons, Trims, and Marbles

You can’t really tell by the picture above, but the drawer pulled out is my collection of vintage trims and ribbons and on top, among various other things, you’ll see a box lid filled with more marbles!

I don’t have any rhyme or reason to what I collect.  If it brings pleasure to my eye or my heart, it is worthy.  Such as these small oil cans.

Oil Can Collection

And this collection of Vintage Hats…..These things “speak to me”, oh whatever!, but I end up dragging them home and the next thing I know, I have a collection going on.

hats extradinaire'

Sometimes I don’t get carried away, I just like one or two of something and then I can fit several “collections” into a neat and tidy space, like this.

objects of my desire

These are just a few of the many collections I have.  I just happened to already have pictures of these.  I’ll share others as I take more pictures.  (I still have that new camera on my wishlist!)

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I love the picture of your blue buttons and the way you describe your collecting things. I'm the same way and love a variety of collectibles. Now if we could just figure out a way to display it all! Keep your blogging up, I enjoy it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sister Brende, I just stumbled into your facinating world of buttons and collectables. I would just love to spend hours in your basement with you. I love buttons too. I like to think that each of them has at one time hidden or protected something of great value. Perhaps we could one day do some button trading.

    ReplyDelete