Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Flowers

When we moved into this home a year and a half ago, there were no flowers!  That was one of the hardest things to give up when we moved from our previous home of 32 years…..my flower beds.  Years of planting and transplanting of nearly one acre of yard became the pleasure of the next owner, you would think.  But the last time I drove by our old home, they had torn down fences, built a deck, and made a drive way right through the yard.  I guess some people just don’t love flower gardening as much as I do.  Last summer I still had my store and wasn’t able to devote much time to starting any flower beds, except for some annuals to add color.  So this year, I started in March digging, with the help of a maddux, and found that the beautiful lawn was nearly impossible to penetrate!  Have you heard of “soysia” grass?  OMG…..what a workout I got!  But, now four months later, I am able to enjoy the fruit (or I should say, flower) of my labor.  Here are a few pictures that I took today.

miniature rose shrubs closeup button and dianthus 100_1733

No comments:

Post a Comment