Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 4th Family Celebration

(note:  this was in draft form and should have been posted last Saturday, but as usual, I got distracted and didn’t post it until today…sorry for the dates being mixed up!)
DSC02669.JPG

Image by lizkdc via Flickr

This is one of my favorite holidays.  Good food, great companionship, and the whole patriotic theme warms my heart.  I love to see flags hanging from porch posts and would love to have those red, white and blue banners hanging from my porch posts.  It stirs in my heart a deep sense of pride that no matter that our country is in a economic crisis and the politicians and CEO’s seem greedier everyday, that we, the people, are still proud to be an American.  How grateful I am to those brave young men and women who have  served, or currently serving our country. 

Well, I’m sitting in the backseat of my little Honda Civic, along with a big car seat holding my precious 3 month old granddaughter, a big cooler (on wheels no less!), two diaper bags and other various picnic items.  The bad thing is, the family picnic started two hours ago!  My daughter-in-law and daughter took the baby to the 4th of July parade in her hometown, then tended to a yard sale at her Mother’s house.  I thought they would be back round noon, but it was closer to 1:30 before the baby arrived.  Both young women have to work the afternoon shift at the hospital and aren’t able to come with us today.  My son, who has been working such long hours is getting a little break and is spending the weekend with his high school buddies on the Ohio River. 

I hope everyone has a safe, happy,  Fourth of July weekend! 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment